Effective Classroom Observation
27th Feb 2018
This new cohort has been agreed in response to the increase in demand following the excellent feedback we received from our last three cohorts. I already have a waiting list for this next cohort but do still have some places available.
This is one of Cambridge Education’s most successful programmes. The course will contribute to consistent evaluation of teaching and learning standards across your school. It will support the development of a strong evidence base to support self-evaluation and provide opportunities to consider ways of enhancing pedagogy (managing performance). Developed by experienced inspectors, this five-unit programme includes three tutor-led days combined with distance learning and an assessed lesson observation.
1. Tuesday 27th February 2018 - The Hilton Garden Inn, Sunderland
2. Wednesday 28th February 2018 - The Hilton Garden Inn, Sunderland
3. Thursday 26th April 2018 - The Hilton Garden Inn, Sunderland
Please see some of the comments received from our previous cohorts:
- It’s always worthwhile to re-focus on what our core purpose is as educationalists. I felt the course supported me in confirming what I want my school to be all about – ensuring we all focus on every child and ensuring they make the progress they are capable of
- The resource file has already proved itself to be extremely valuable – a brilliant tool for whole school self-evaluation
- My increased accuracy and sharpened focus on the impact of teaching on learning will have a positive impact on whole school improvement.
- One of the most interesting and challenging courses I have attended – thank you
- I wish I had attended with all of my Senior Team – would be great to know if it’s running again and I will send them to ensure a consistent approach to lesson observation!
- This was a really practical, relevant, well-presented course. It was useful to have an update about the new CIF too.
- Clearer understanding of changes to OFSTED schedule.
- More focused lesson observations
- The resources to support effective feedback etc… are very useful
- I loved being able to link up with another school and having the opportunity to moderate evaluations
- The resource file is excellent with useful prompts for pupil discussions
- This course addressed the complex issues in a comprehensive and well organised way.
Very useful to have some dedicated time to consider this very important issue and at the same time become much more familiar with the new schedule
To register your place on this training, can you please complete the on line registration form as soon as possible as numbers are limited – see link below