Mental Health First Aid
17th & 18th October 2018 - Durham
Please note at each venue there are 16 places available for this workshop.
As well as developing your mental health awareness, this fully accredited two day course will teach you a set of skills to allow you to offer appropriate support to someone experiencing a mental health condition.
What is Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course, designed to teach you how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health conditions and provide help on a first aid basis. The course is delivered by a quality assured instructor and can be attended by people aged 16 upwards.
How is MHFA used to support staff?
The course will:
Give a deeper understanding of the issues that impact on and relate to people’s mental health
Teach practical skills that can be used every day, including being able to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health issues and feel confident guiding people towards appropriate support.
- Independent research and evaluation shows that taking part in an MHFA course:
- Raises awareness and mental health literacy
- Reduces stigma around mental ill health and feel confident guiding people towards appropriate support
- Boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues
- Encourages people to start a conversation with a person who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- Promotes early intervention which enables recovery MHFA won’t teach you how to be a therapist, but you will be able to say you’re a Mental Health First Aider.
What will I learn on a two day MHFA course?
Our MHFA instructors deliver training in four manageable chunks, each with a focus on how to apply Mental Health First Aid skills.
Delegates will receive:
- Delegates pack
- Certificate of attendance
- Complimentary chocolates/mints/sweets
- Refreshments and lunch
£295 + vat per delegate (5% discount on the overall cost for 3 or more delegates attending from the same school/Organisation)
17th & 18th October 2018 - Ramside Hall Hotel & Golf Club, Ramside Hall, Carrville, Durham DH1 1TD
Please note that this event can be provided 'in-house' at your school, a consortium meeting or a Bursar training event usually at significant savings per delegate (minimum 5 delegates). You will be asked in advance if you need a particular focus for the day which will be incorporated in our proposal.
Evelyn or Mehreen on 0121 622 2502 or email@example.com
Ramside Hall Hotel & Golf Club, Ramside Hall, Carrville, Durham DH1 1TD
Schools North East has just been rebranded and we're working on developing a new website to keep you up to date with everything that's going on in our world.
You'll still find all the information you need on being a Partner School, our Commercial and Education Supporter memberships, Healthy MindED, Jobs in Schools I North East, latest news, policy updates, our events, accessing Marketplace and much, much more on the website, so please bear with us whilst we make our changes.