Spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) development lies at the heart of the Ofsted framework. Promotion of SMSC is threaded through all aspects and is an important focus of the overall effectiveness judgement. SMSC covers all that the school does to provide a nurturing, supportive environment in which all thrive and through which all are able to participate in school life and in their communities in the complexity of the twenty first century. It includes the important issue of British values.
This one-day course is suitable for all teachers and learning support staff.
Why should I attend?
• Learn how to recognise where SMSC development opportunities already exist in your school and to audit their effectiveness.
• Find out how to encourage staff and pupils alike to deepen their understanding of SMSC.
• Discover ways of enhancing provision to impact on learning outcomes and to improve achievement as shared through best practice from peers from a range of schools and backgrounds.
What will it cover?
• The definitions of SMSC and what constitutes British values.
• Translation from policy into reality and into accurate self-evaluation.
• Exploration of auditing existing provision and considering impact on academic and personal development.
• Ideas to help develop current practice into powerful school development opportunities.
Please contact www.pbtsa.co.uk to book your place.
Date: Thursday 8th February 2018
Venue: The Marriott Hotel, MetroCentre
Time: 9.30am – 4.30pm
Ramside Hall Hotel
Schools North East has just been rebranded and we're working on developing a new website to keep you up to date with everything that's going on in our world.
You'll still find all the information you need on being a Partner School, our Commercial and Education Supporter memberships, Healthy MindED, Jobs in Schools I North East, latest news, policy updates, our events, accessing Marketplace and much, much more on the website, so please bear with us whilst we make our changes.